Old drink bottles are a great way of feeding or watering your plants.
Simply insert a number of small holes and place it in the ground next to a plant.
Fill it up with water each day and it will make sure all the roots are being well watered and fed. This is especially important when growing vegetables.
- cut a toilet roll in half
- make four cuts into the toilet roll about 1/3 of the way up
- fold the bottom of the roll where the cuts are so its enclosed
- fill the pots up with light potting soil, pack it down and put your seeds in
Tea bags and ground coffee are a great source of compost
1. Keep all your used tea bags and old ground coffee in a box until you have enough.
2. Break all the tea bags up and mix them into the compost around your plants.
3. Egg shells are also very good for the plants.
- Make a hole in a potato
- Cut the stem of the rose and the bud
- Push the stem into the hole of the potato but not all the way through
- Fill a pot of soil and put the potato in about half way down with a good 3 inches of soil on top
- Make sure to give it plenty of water and keep it moist
- The potato keeps the stem moist and helps the roots to grow